Testosterone is known as the male hormone which is secreted by the testes. Testosterone is at their highest level in the morning. An example to prove this is the morning erection that we guys have.
Some of us may be unaware of it, but testosterone helps in building muscles. Testosterone is the muscle-building hormone. By synthesising proteins it rebuilds the muscle fibers that gets damaged due to resistance training..
You can't build more muscle if your testosterone levels are not high enough so here are a few tips on how to increase your testosterone levels:
1. Lift Heavy. Train with higher volume and more intensity. Add some more pounds on those bars. If you can lift it for more than 12 times, that is way to light for you. My personal preference is 8-12 max reps per set. A 5x5 strength program is also a good alternative since you get to lift heavier weights.
2. Focus on compound exercises since it stimulates more testosterone production as compared to isolation exercises. Examples of compound exercises are squats, deadlifts, bench press, military press, dips, and pull ups. These exercises hit different muscle groups at the same time. Your back and legs are the biggest muscle groups, remember that the more muscle you stimulate, the more testosterone you produce.
3. Limit your workout to a maximum of one hour. Higher volume lead to more testosterone but longer workout sessions lead to less. Testosterone levels quickly decrease after 45-60 minutes of working out.
4. Limit your rest between sets to only 2-3 minutes. This will aid in keeping your workout short and also helps in achieving hypertrophy.
5. If possible, train early in the morning.
6. Make sure to have adequate protein intake for your post workout to take advantage of the testosterone spike.
This is something that most people who go to the gym have no knowledge of so I wanted to share it here so that you could be aware of its importance.
I hope it helps.