Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sample Programs

Wow its been a while since I last updated this blog. The MH forums has not been so active lately so I visited the Body and Fitness section of PEX and was surprised to see that there are still a lot of ectos who are looking for ways to gain weight. Thats basically what inspired me to do an update today and post sample programs that I may say have worked for me.

For beginners, you could do Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strenght:


When you're ready to move on to another program, you could do 5x5. I came across Stronglifts 5x5 and so that's the program that I have been accustomed with. Being ready to move on is when you feel that your gains are getting slower that usual. This may be caused by your body being used to your current program. I normally switch programs every 3-4 months. Without further ado here's the link to Stronglifts 5x5:


There are times that I don't follow any specific program that was recommended by someone or one which I found on the net. I sometimes custom fit a program that I use depending on my desired goal. These programs though are also like the SS and Stonglifts 5x5 with some few minor tweaks. As you get to know your body more, you'll know how to adjust depending on your goals.

Good luck fellow ectos. Thanks to the visitors from different forums who find time to PM me informing that this blog was quite helpful for them. Special mention to kristian888 from MH forums. I appreciated it when you said that I was the one who made you realize that there was hope for you to achieve your goals. You've gone a long way bro. Congratulations!!!


1 comment:

  1. u better check this out also...

    www.greenbodytalk.com

    ReplyDelete